Young Farmers Challenge
The Young Farmers Challenge is an obstacle course where teams complete a number of problem solving tasks designed around agricultural and farming skills.
The Young Farmers Challenge is an opportunity to showcase agricultural and farming skills of youth in the community.
The objectives of this challenge are to:
- Promote farming skills and techniques while using appropriate equipment through a set of practical field activities.
- Give exposure to new technologies for efficient farming.
- Promote safety at work and safe work methods, including the use of personal protective equipment and first aid.
- Showcase farmers as energetic, hardworking and multi-skilled people, in an action packed demonstration.
- Engage, educate and entertain rural youth, as well as the general public, from both metropolitan and rural backgrounds.
- Create a competition with integrity. A competition for real farmers with a strong and established reputation.
- Promote further youth involvement in shows and show societies.
To register your interest, please complete the nomination form below or to find out further information regarding the 2019 Young Farmers Challenge please contact the Show Committee on email@example.com.
Nomination Forms can be downloaded here:
# Young Farmers Challenge Nomination Form (Coming soon...)
# Young Farmers Indemnity Waiver (Coming soon...)